Top 5 Station Wagons we’d Love to Own & Drive

While I figure that I still have a few years in front of me until I settle in, open up a house, get two or three dogs, make a couple of kids and if all goes well, get married too (…), I’ve spotted a few station wagon models out there that I wouldn’t mind at all owning right here, right now. First of all, it goes without saying that just because you want a practical station wagon model, it doesn’t mean that it has to look like your uncle Tom’s Buick Roadmaster…

With that said, I picked out the two most beautiful SWs in my opinion: the Audi A4 Avant and the Alfa Romeo 159 SportWagon. While both models are available with punchy V6 gasoline engines, I’d opt for a diesel version and in particular, the 240 Hp 3.0 TDI quattro for the A4 Avant and the 200HP 2.4 JTDM Q4 (AWD) for the utterly sexy Alfa 159 SW (in Ti spec).

If money isn’t an issue, then all roads point to the trio of German powerhouses: the 507 Hp V10-powered BMW M5 Touring; the 580 Hp twin-turbocharged V10 Audi RS6 and the 453 Hp 6.3-liter V8-powered Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Estate (it looks so much better than the E 63 AMG). Now, would you have a problem tying the knot if your future father in law promised you one of these supercars dressed in sheep’s skin? That is, unless you have reasons to beleive that the bride is in fact a wolf dressed in a sheep's clothing... (Pics edited by Carscoop)

0 comments:

Post a Comment